Photo by Ed Yourdon.
- Discovering the Virtues of a Wandering Mind | NY Times
Why I think lots of play time is crucial to a successful writing retreat: “To encourage this creative process, Dr. Schooler says, it may help if you go jogging, take a walk, do some knitting or just sit around doodling, because relatively undemanding tasks seem to free your mind to wander productively. But you also want to be able to catch yourself at the Eureka moment.”
- The Credit Card Choice – Miles or Points? | NY Times Travel
I use my AA CitiBank card almost exclusively…working towards 2MM and Lifetime Platinum. But the U.S. Bank’s FlexPerks Visa sure sounds nice. Can anybody who’s done the math recently tell us how much you need to spend/fly for the AA or United card to make sense?
- Paranoia the Destroyer? | FemaleScienceProfessor
I completely agree: “We all get ideas from each other in various ways, and it’s not worth spending time having paranoid thoughts about the competition. I’d rather just keep doing my work in the best (yet most efficient) way that I can, and confine my paranoid obsessing to a bit of ranting over a double espresso with a colleague now and then.”
- Know Your Laptop’s Temperature Limits to Avoid Summer Meltdowns | Lifehacker
- How to Make Good Use of Time Pockets | Dumb Little Man
Nice list of task you can accomplish when you have 5, 10, or 20 minutes at work, home, or out and about.
- Five simple uncluttering tasks | Unclutterer
- The End-All Guide to Getting Out From Under Your Office Crap | Lifehacker