- Error estimation in astronomy: A guide. (arXiv:1009.2755v1) | astro-ph
- California state colleges and universities will get more than $200 million in stimulus funds | Los Angeles Times
- ‘Dance Your Ph.D.’ Finalists Announced | Science Now
I’d like to start compiling the Astronomy submissions to this competition, past and present. Please post links to Astronomy PhD Dances in the comments.
- (Un)appealing Option | FemaleScienceProfessor
Insight on the tenure process.
- Before & After: A valuable resource for presenters | Presentation Zen
“A common problem in presentation graphics are designs which have too many elements and lack a clear focal point.”
- A Truly Bookless Library | Inside Higher Ed
Even without the books, the library is still relevant as a shared space for discovery, socializing, and studying.
- Have some Black Walnut with your Apple Wireless Keyboard | The Unofficial Apple Weblog
If this happened to show up at my doorstep, I don’t think I would complain.
- Best Fax Service: MyFax | Lifehacker
I really hate when I need to fax something, but luckily, there are some pretty nice services out there that allow us to bypass printing, finding the machine, and figuring out how to use the antiquated technology.