Photo by Chris Gierszewski
- Too Much Self-Doubt? Try Thinking Like a Creator | ProfHacker
“Think like a creator, not like a sponge. Most of us were trained to be very good sponges: we can soak up information and absorb it so that it feels like its our own. But focusing on all that you don’t know and on what other people are doing can easily overwhelm your own sense of agency. To think like a creator, however, is to always keep in mind what it is that you want to do, to build, to create in the world, whether that’s through a course, an article, or a new administrative structure.”
- India Joins Thirty Meter Telescope Project | Thirty Meter Telescope
- AstroInformatics II: From public outreach to public engagement | SarahAskew
- Scientist Turned in by Grad Students for Misconduct Pleads Guilty | Science Insider
I think the lesson here is not to exaggerate your results…especially not in print. But I’m not sure anything good came out of blowing the whistle.
- One versus many | Unclutterer
This is exactly my logic for having three Mac power bricks. One for the office, one for home, and one for the travel bag.
- Top 10 Clever Google Voice Tricks | Lifehacker
- Five Best To-Do List Managers | Lifehacker
Google Tasks, Paper, Remember the Milk, Things (my favorite, $50), and Toodledo. Not mentioned, but apparently popular with our FB fans, is OmniFocus ($50). OminFocus vs. Things.
- Seven tips for managing the overwhelming to-do list | Unclutterer
Take Breaks, Say “no”…or at least “not right now” to new projects or non-urgent meetings.
- Four tips to unclutter your family finances | Unclutterer