- clear distractions | mnmlist.com
Nothing we haven’t been told before, but sometimes it helps to be reminded.
- A minimalist approach to books | mnmlist.com
Get rid of the books you never use! Get a library card. If you insist on buying books — I find the airport bookstore particularly tempting — give them away or leave them at the observatory when you finish them. Now you can put art on the wall where the bookshelf used to be.
- Quickoffice Adds DropBox, Google Docs support | TheAppleBlog
iPhone app that allows you to actually EDIT Google Docs and Dropbox files. (Google and Dropbox apps allow you to view your files, but not edit them.) Sounds like it’s not perfect yet but I’ll probably try it out anyway. $10.
- Stop Google Buzz From Showing the World Your Contacts [Privacy] | Lifehacker
I don’t know about the Buzz yet. One thing I know for sure is that I don’t like seeing shared Google Reader posts in two places. Maybe I’ll disconnect my shared items from the Buzz feed…
- New Coyote Program: TimeStamp | Coyote's Guide to IDL Programming
I like putting time stamps on code-generated output…usually figures.
- Dear Applicant | FemaleScienceProfessor
An honest graduate school rejection letter.
- Why Fridays suck ass | Professor in Training
We’ve all had days like this…or will eventually. And it’s nice to know that we’re not alone.