- iPad Impressions from People Who’ve Actually Used It | The iPhone Blog
Looks like I’m coming down pro-iPad. Not right away, of course, but I could see myself getting a 2nd generation one…with multi-tasking and a camera.
- Apple iPad: Everything You Need to Know | Gizmodo
- 5 Tips for Effective Delegation | www.ismckenzie.com
1) Define the task and outcome, not the process, 2) give authority to accomplish task, 3) don’t micro-manage, 4) be available, 5) reward effort as well as results. (via Lifehacker)
- StayFocusd Blocks and Manages Time-Sucking Web Sites | Lifehacker
I use Leechblock but this looks good too.
- Google Voice for iPhone and Palm WebOS | Google Voice Blog
- Academic Shopping Around | FemaleScienceProfessor
FSP on shopping around when you already have a tenure-track position. If you want to apply for other jobs, you should do it. “You should try to get the best job you can and not worry (too much) about what your colleagues will think.”
- Interviewing Info IV | FemaleScienceProfessor
- Interviewing Info III | FemaleScienceProfessor
- Interviewing Info II | FemaleScienceProfessor
How to approach the salary and start-up discussion during an interview.
- Views on Interviews | FemaleScienceProfessor
Advice on meeting with the students during a faculty job interview.