This is my annual plea to everyone that is frantically checking the rumor mill: please sign up to receive email updates instead. You can “monitor” individual wiki pages and receive an email every time the page is changed, along with a summary of the changes. Setting this up requires a few steps:
- Sign up for an account on the AstroBetter wiki. The sign up process requires information on your host institution so that we can prevent spammers. All such information is deleted immediately after your account is verified. Verification is done by us, by hand, so it may take as long as 24 hours. Please be patient.
- Once verified, login using your new username and password. There is a box on the upper right corner of the page for logging in.
- Navigate to the Rumor Mill for postdocs or faculty/staff positions.
- Click on the Monitor (eye) icon at the top of the page. This will change your personal setting for the page and you should start receiving emails whenever the page changes. The eye icon should now have a red X for pages you are monitoring. Monitoring can also be disabled by clicking on the icon again.
- To anonymously post to the rumor mill, make sure to log out.