Telescopes and Instruments
JKT's List - Extensive compliaton of telescopes, access, and capabilities. Written for UK folks, but includes many telescopes available to many countries/institutions.
Keck - Mostly Caltech, U California schools. But also Yale, NASA TAC and time exchanges with US-NOAO and others.
- DEIMOS -
- ESI -
- NIRC2 -
- NIRSPEC - low-to-moderate near-infrared spectrograph
- OSIRIS - high resolution infrared spectrograph
- LRIS - moderate resolution optical spectrograph
- HIRES - high resolution optical spectrograph
- NIRC? -
- MOSFIRE? (future) -
Palomar 200 in - Caltech, JPL, and US-NOAO.
- TripleSpec — Moderate-Resolution NIR spectrograph
- DoubleSpec — low-to-medium resolution (R ~ 1,000 to 10,000) optical spectrograph with separate red and blue channels. Very similar to LRIS on Keck.
Gemini North and South - NOAO and time exchange with others.
Magellan Baade and Clay - Carnegie, Harvard/CfA, MIT, U Arizona, Michigan, and others including US-NOAO (TSIP)
NASA Infrared Telescope Facility (IRTF)
- SpeX - near-IR spectrograph